Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Birthday Week Ends with a 4!

The week of birthday madness ends at midnight. I wish that I could show the photos taken at the party, but my card reader is still somewhere in the universe where I cannot find it (and my keys, all of them, have joined it), and I keep forgetting to buy one when I'm in a store. I did take a couple of pics with my iPod of Ella playing with a birthday gift.



There's something downright disturbing about your baby turning four. She isn't a baby anymore. She isn't a toddler. She's a big kid. The good news is that she is a cuddly big kid.

3 and 4 are my favorite ages. I remember when DeLaynie was almost four, and I kept worrying that I preferred DeLaynie over Ella. Now that Ella is at that age, I find myself concerned that I prefer Ella. I suddenly realized that it wasn't the person that I prefer but the age. It's the time in a kid's life when she is independent enough to play alone and with other kids, but not so independent that a mom feels unnecessary. I felt much better with this realization.

4 comments:

sbo said...

Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

andiewade said...

yes, there is something distinctly disturbing about your baby turning 4... lucas turned 4 in february. lucas told me he was proud of me for being a big girl and not crying. thanks, buddy...

andiewade said...

HA! i just read the comment above mine. you gotta keep an eye out for those pesky brussels.

china oil painting reproductions said...

Very lovely kids,your taken photo are very lovely.You may paint it into paintings and hand them in your house